Lift Kids Global Study Code of Ethics
Lift Kids Global Study Defined
Lift Kids Global Study utilizes travel and education, money spent on travel and education and the persons traveling and learning to promote environmental and social responsibility.
Lift Kids Global Study engages individuals, corporations and organizations in environmental, cultural and social preservation.
Lift Kids Global Study philanthropy is funneled into the community and local purchasing practices are followed whenever possible. Resources coming into the community supplement and preserve traditional cultural industries and lifestyles.
Lift Kids Global Study promotes sustainable and ethical development in the form of replicable community business models. Village leaders form a committee to ensure fair remuneration and to keep checks and balances on the system.
1. Business opportunities created by the Lift Kids Global Study model are designed to be easily created and sustained by local people with outside guidance and collaboration consistently available. Money and resources spent on this sector of travel and education go directly to the local people where the event is taking place. The majority of operators and suppliers should be from the local community.
2. As locally-owned business operations, all Lift Kids Global Study groups commit to promoting ethical business practices at all levels of operations and ensuring the highest levels of interaction and customer service.
3. Lift Kids Global Study models have ongoing environmental, cultural, and historical education built in for all involved: clients, local communities, and staff with the aim of promoting and preserving biodiversity.
4. Environmental impact is non-existent or very low. If any impact is made, it is consistently offset through channels, such as reforestation, that are funded by the programs.
5. Clients are engaged as social betterment champions in the Lift Kids Global Study model and receive the highest standards of service. Client satisfaction and fulfillment must be of the highest importance, as measured by surveys and client satisfaction research.
6. Lift Kids Global Study will foster caring and solidarity towards all human suffering, especially those, like children and women, who may be the most vulnerable.
7. Lift Kids Global Study will always focus on empowerment, training and knowledge transfer. We will always teach rather than "hand out or give". Lift Kids Global Study does not encourage or support begging as a form of survival.
8. All Lift Kids Global Study operations respect the rights of beings of all races, religions, creeds, ideology, languages, and status including flora and fauna.
9. All people engaging in Lift Kids Global Study activities commit to preserving personal freedoms of both themselves and others and respecting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
10. All participants agree to refrain from resorting to restrictive trade practices, wasteful utilization of resources, and the promotion of unnecessary use of chemicals in agriculture, industry, and domestic purposes, resulting either directly or indirectly in the pollution of the environment. All Lift Kids Global Study operations will abide by local laws, mores, customs, and cultural standards.
11. An overall checks and balances system will be implemented through the establishment of Lift Kids Global Study Community Councils to ensure ethical standards are maintained and observed by all operators, guides, suppliers, and clients and fair remuneration is occurring at every point on the supply chain.
12. All Lift Kids Global Study operators will ensure ethical protection of start-up capital or investment made in the company and ensure the proper return on money donated or invested to help develop future projects.
13. All operations will ensure the community trusts are maintained and properly distributed as determined by the local communities (i.e. scholarship funds, development of community centers, investment in local businesses, infrastructure development, etc.).
14. Lift Kids Global Study programs will uphold cultural integrity with utmost importance and ensure that the funds derived from the programs do not become the single source of income for the communities. Community revenue channels are respected and supported; all materials and products are bought locally when possible.
15. Lift Kids Global Study understands that, in developing countries, children are can often be at risk for malnourishment, exploitation, or other forms of abuse. Lift Kids, its partners, operators, clients and staff will maintain vigilance, respect and caution when cooperating with local communities to improve the conditions of children and their families.
16. Lift Kids accomplishments, lessons, discoveries, stories and documentation will always acknowledge and serve the purpose of development, respect for, and progress of the local population.
Tax ID: 20-8087297